oneyolktoanother

Having another one

Just had a call from the Oh, a woman at his works had 6 chooks a fox got into the pen and killed 5 :cry: and there is one left a ginger rock i think going to check they said they want to find her a home and asked me i said of course (cant believe oh was ok with it :lol: )

They arent going to have any more they said its too hearbreaking and there last lot the other month got killed :cry:

Just hope she will fit in with my 4 girls, any suggestions how to settle her in, i thought about putting her in the coop when its dark as thats what i did with the other two

Have a good read of the introductions thread in the FAQ section :wink:

Thanks :) just abit concerned as its a friend from works chicken know they haven't had any illness and I worried about then new hen as she has lost all her flock, someone said if I put her in tonight when it's dark it should not be too bad in the morning unsure of what to do as only have large rabbit cage to keep her in

We have kept her separate she is so lovely , as the people who had her before thinks she's a ginger rock breed the kids have called her Ginger Rocks :lol: she can see the other chooks where is and vice a versa been out there keeping her company. Considering what she's been through she's doing very well and loves natures grubs :)

Just hope when introduce the weekend all goes well :pray:

Unlike (say) dogs or cats, chickens don't really have any concept or memory of what they've been through or how they have been treated in the past. So long as she's not victimised by the existing flock, she will be OK.

Do you have a hen in your current lot which is non-confrontational? I would put her (carefully) in with the new hen and see how they get on, then introduce them both at a later date.