dominicmorris

What's walking around my chicken run?

Hi, new on here.

Over the last 6 months, I've noticed that something has been digging at the edge of my chicken run, but is unable to get through the mesh skirt on the side. It's gets to the mesh, but seems to then stop and move to a different area of the run. The holes it tries to dig are probably about 3 inches in width. The neighbours have cats...so not sure if it's them. It is always at night.

Since the snow though, I have seen paw prints which are a couple of inches in diameter, but I have looked online at animal prints, and can't match them up. I suspect fox, but want to be sure. I'd have thought a fox might be able to chew through the weld mesh.

I have a picture, but can't seem to work out how to upload it...any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

You won't be able to upload photos until you have reached a certain post level. There are instructions in the frequently asked questions section, for when your time comes. :D

Sounds as if you might have a rat, or even a fox trying to gain entry. It might be worth you bringing the hens food in at night, for the time being at least.