Lewis Posted January 27, 2013 Share Posted January 27, 2013 I was after a bit of inspiration and thought it would be a good idea to start a thread with lots of photos of our set-ups we use for brooding chicks? Would be useful to give people ideas and help beginners I usually use an indoor rabbit cage or dog crate with an electric hen. I used a Hagen Vision cage last year: I'm planning to hatch some quail over the next few weeks and was thinking of using a vivarium or storage box style as quail chicks are only small and so I find they need to be kept a bit warmer. Feel free to add your photos! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted January 27, 2013 Share Posted January 27, 2013 What's with the mop head? It'a like a chick car wash. Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
surf_space Posted January 28, 2013 Share Posted January 28, 2013 What's with the mop head? It'a like a chick car wash. Emma.x I'm guessing its to act like a bit of a mum to the chicks? snuggle under it if they get cold? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted February 3, 2013 Author Share Posted February 3, 2013 Yeah I just put it in there for them to cwtch up to and snuggle under to get warm Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...