Couperwife

London Bus Tours

Does any one know which is the best?

Mum and Dad are going to London next week for mums (big) birthday and are wanting to go on a bus tour but they dont know which ones are the best.

Can you jump on/jump off different places?

which has the best selection of "sights"?

which has the best information given?

is there anything they need to be aware of?

thank you :D

cathy

x

I went on one about 8 or so years ago for part of a hen do day. We managed to haggle down our ticket prices which was good so worth a try. Can't remember who we went with, they were by the side of the road when we got off the train. As far as I can remember you can get on and off as much as you like, just make sure you get back on the same tour companies bus :wink: We used ours to have a bit of a tour, but also to get to and from The Dorchester for afternoon tea :D We sat upstairs on an open top which was excellent till it poured down! They gave us plastic ponchos but by the time we worked out how to get them on, we were already quite wet :lol: It all added to the fun of the day for us, but if you do the same make sure you can see how to put the things on.

I agree - Duck Tours are oodles of fun,really informative & you get to go in the river right next door to the gorgeous M16 building 8)

Our guide was brilliant - very good with the children on board & very funny & informative.

We even spotted Prince Charles while we were out & he pointed out various celebrity houses as well as historical stuff.

I would do it again in a second :D

You cannot hop on & off, & it was a little blowy when we went - these are historic vehicles used in the war & built for their job rather than comfort,but it was fine for the tour.