Donnie

Indian Runners in Eglu Classic?

Hi all, well we lost all our chickens last week in a fox attack, first one we've had so am in a position to decide on going for chickens again or going for ducks.

IF I go down the duck route I've decided it'd be indian runners but Im wondering if their height is an issue with the eglu or am I being daft?

After all, the ducks aren't stupid, they know how to bend their necks and not bang their heads surely? :lol:

Leanne is a very experienced person and she knows her ducks :D I have a !goyellow! for my ducks but I'm not sure Indian Runners would be happy in it :think:

The review you've posted a link to doesn't say that the person has successfully raised Indian Runners in a (green eglu) it says they have put their 8 week old ducklings in one :wink:

Hmmmm fair enough.

In that case I might either reuse the eglu for some more chooks or sell it, cant decide as I really fancy some runners.

Im going to start another thread about converting a playhouse for the runners I think.

The playhouse sounds like a good idea. I think the issue with hight and runner ducks is that unlike chickens who normally step out of their home more or less one at a time, ducks come out all in a rush and if the hight is low for your indian runners you'll get them all falling over one another and, yes, banging their heads. :roll: Might be funny the first time but repeated time after time and you'll get injuries :(

(Makes me think of my poor, OH who would love to convince me that he would be just fine in one of those picturesque little old cottages you get in 'Escape to the Country' - he is 6ft 4 - :lol: )