Chickabee Posted December 15, 2013 Share Posted December 15, 2013 Fifi is 2 and a half now. When I got my beautiful pekin frizzle she was just coming to the end of a broody. She thought the new little bird was hers. She follows her around and stops my other new silkie from bullying her. She even lets her share food (to a certain extent). Well about 3 weeks have passed and she's laying again. I'm amazed, I thought she would give up til the spring. Would love to hatch some eggs under her next year, but would worry about what to do with the cockerels. What do you think? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
libby22 Posted December 15, 2013 Share Posted December 15, 2013 That is so sweet. I unfortunately have no advice I can give but just wanted to ask something if that is ok? I didn't realise Silkies bullied each other as I am always reading how sweet they are. Do you have the same problem with them as you would with the gingernut rangers for example? Hope someone can answer the rest of your post and apologies for butting in! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickabee Posted December 15, 2013 Author Share Posted December 15, 2013 It's not real bullying, just the new silkie trying to be the boss of the lttle frizzle. All chickens have a pecking order. Silkies really are lovely. Fifi has put up with me moving her from coop to coop, when another hen needs company Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Grandmashazzie Posted December 15, 2013 Share Posted December 15, 2013 Aw she sounds sweet I suppose you have to consider if you could keep one cockerel and rehome others or do the dreadful deed.I definitely could'nt.I never bred from my labs because I wouldn't have rehomed pups in case they weren't well looked after.For me breeding animals brings too many worries. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickabee Posted December 15, 2013 Author Share Posted December 15, 2013 I couldn't do the dreadful deed Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
gavclojak Posted December 15, 2013 Share Posted December 15, 2013 Me neither, I would end up like the old woman who lives in a shoe but had so many animals she didn't know what to do!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...