motherhen

Seriously 'off-topic' topic

im not much of a horseracing fan to be honest! its cruel on the horse to be broken in and being started to be ridden when it's only 2 - its not had much of a life, and its not even stopped growing by then. in the end its just money that takes over, theyre not bothered about the horses state of mind. i mean to get to the stage of having to have its tongue strapped down for a race so that it can actually breathe properly surely means that it shouldnt be made to run it in the first place. its not even natural for a horse to run for such long periods of time, unless it's fleeing from danger.

sorry to put a damper on the whole topic. :oops: its just something i feel strongly about!

Well, its a tricky one. I don't feel strongly either way, but I can see more than one side to it.

If you spend any time around breeders, trainers, owners & jockeys, they adore the horses and have great respect for them & their quality of life! Yes it is a big industry, partly money driven, but also motivated by a love of horses & the whole sport.

If horse racing didn't exist, neither would racehorses. :shock:

I really do see your viewpoint Katie but many racegoers, & those involved in the industry, just live & breathe horses and care very much about the state of mind of their beautiful creatures. :D

PS, Jane we've drifted off topic, on the off topic, hope you don't mind! :wink:

:oops::oops::oops: Sorry did not mean to offend anyone Katie .. this was more a tongue in cheek addition to the topic, as Jane originally wanted us to check out bookmakers for her. :wink: .

Its also something I tend not too get into too deeply, as I used to ride an x-racehorse who ended up retired at a very young age .. and I have quite a good background of their rearing/breeding/racing etc. I can see your points though ...

:oops: Well the 4.20 Epsom, Derby. Went for -

Grand Central

Hattan

The Geezer

Unfurled and Walk In The Park.

All each way bets ..... and placings for 1st 3, so hopefully should get back more than the £20 bet. :wink: .

If the 250:1 shot comes in 1st I will consider jumping off a bridge .. now I have mentioned it we all know what will happen now .. :roll::wink: