quickcluck

mixing ducks and chooks

Someone has asked me to look after her 3 GNR and a (duck). Apparently they live together. Not sure if it'll be temporary or perminant. I can take the chooks, but no nothing about ducks. Could they all be together in our WIR? Do ducks need water to paddle in? Are they more noisey than chooks?

I am worried that I'll be either stuck with a duck that I can't look after well or the poor thing will could be badly bullied. I don't really want to set up a separate run for them, as I know that our WIR in both doggy and foxy proof....

Any ideas???

Thanks

K

My three ducks share a walk in run but with separate houses but you have to be creative as they will make the chickens drinking water really dirty. They do need access to water not only for swimming but they need to constantly dip their beaks to keep their noses clear, not only that I don't think it would be fair not to have water, a paddling pool is fine and mine also have a large plastic box as a pool in the run. Mine are call ducks and very noisy especially as spring is coming!