patsylabrador

Winter Olympics 2018

Has anybody got into the moid for the Winter Olympics yet? I haven't quite got into it yet although I'm really looking forward to the snowboard cross. That's fun. I don't like figure skating or curling but I do enjoy speed skating. Not fussed about ski jumping but quite enjoy downhill (watching it, not doing it) I quite enjoy seeing the crowds in their big coats and bobble hats and there's always the sound of cowbells no matter where it's being held. I always hope they're drinking glühwein too.

I am trying to watch it, but life keeps getting in the way :lol:

I like snowboard stuff too, and speedskating (but not the long ones), and the sliding events, but my other fave is biathlon. OH had a go at the shooting bit in the summer at the Olympic venue at Whistler. He scored a perfect 5/5 on his first ever go and now considers himself a shoe in for the UK team :lol::lol::lol::lol: PS He can do cross country skiing as long as a)there is no scary downhilling and b)there is a hot sauna at the end of it!

Loving the snowboarding :D! Haven't really got a clue between one trick and another, but it's so visually exciting and even I know they shouldn't be falling over. Hugely fun, though I've no intention of trying it :D. Love the sliding too - again quick and easy to understand.

Can't get into the curling, which just goes on for too long, and found the early stages of the figure skating very dull indeed (snore). The long skiing events lost my interest too.

Hat-spotting in the crowd has become a household obsession. I want the big and warm-looking polar bear hat with the built-in scarf ...

I will keep a lookout :D my best Xmas pressie this year was from my Mum, a big multicoloured woolly hat with pompon and matching fingerless sleeve glove things. I wouldn't normally rave about clothing bought by my Mum, but it goes to show the instinct for wrapping up offspring against the cold never goes away :lol:

I can't believe what happened to Elise Christie again! But wasn't our gold/bronze skeleton exciting! The men's mass start 15km biathlon was also nail biting, photo finish just like 4 years ago. Amazing skills on display by everyone :D