Blackrocksrock

Fox Round my door

The cat was going nuts last night, running between the utiity room window and the patio doors in the lounge/dining room - usually that means there is another cat about and when my husband looked - lo and behold first time ever we have seen a young fox - it was quite small really and was on 3 legs - one back leg tucked up like a dog with a ruptured cruciate ligament.   At this time it was after 10pm so luckily our lonely one chicken was well tucked in her run.   It was about 1 foot away from the patio doors and oblivious to us or the cat standing there.   it was looking for food and was quite thin.   Too late to do anything about a trap or anything to see if we could get it for the sspca to see about its leg.   Husband went out and opened the side gate to see if it would go out as we dont know how it got in as our garden is very dense with vegetation.   Needless to say I was round the garden this morning before letting chicken out and it seems to have disappeared.   Hopefully it wont come back - it was not near the eglu either.   Chicken will be shut in early tonight too!.