suzallie

Vaccination puzzle

Hi, I have one remaining chook, and am hoping to get a couple of little friends for her asap. The place I am getting the  hens (hybrids) from  only have a few at a time, and were  not sure about vaccination - though now say they are vaccinated by 'Polvax' .  Can anyone tell me what this protects the chooks against?  I have asked Mr Google..but it really hasn't helped, and I know there are loads of experts here in the forum!!

I've just googled and checked the drugs compendium and can't find a reference to Polvax, can you get any more details or find out the manufacturer from them?

If they are selling hybrids they should really know what they are vaccinated against; if not I would suggest you find another supplier.

Hi Lewis,  Thanks so much for getting back to me... I am afraid I gave up regarding an answer!!  I actually bought the two chooks in the end (from Jolleys) - my lone chicken was pining and lonely. They did not seem to know exactly what they were vaccinated against.. The chooks had been in quarantine though, and look healthy so far....and I noted that in the forum, folk seemed a bit ambivalent about whether vaccination was necessary, so I ended up quite confused about it all.