redhotchick

London Marathon Ballot

I could have written that myself!

I haven't run the marathon, but I have done the Moonwalk twice 26.2 miles, so if I can walk it I can run it or is that a stupid assumption?  I trained for a 10k last year, and did that but probably walked about half of it as I signed up and started training 10 weeks before it, I only did that because my eldest grandson was diagnosed with NF1 so I ran to raise money for The Neuro Foundation, now called Nerve Tumours UK.  But I've only run a few times since then.

I want to run the marathon so am tempted to put in for the ballot!  PM me if you want a running buddy. 

The Yorkshire 3 Peaks is approx the length of a marathon, but up and down. I did that in under 12 hours. It was very physically challenging.

@Reikiranf I think if you put your mind to it and train, barring injuries, you should be able to do it.

My joints have been feeling particularly stiff recently. No harm in putting in for the ballot I suppose....