Ain't Nobody Here Posted October 12, 2007 Share Posted October 12, 2007 Milly (Rhode Island Red) is 21 wks but am I right that she's not a hybrid and may not lay at all before next spring? Maisie (Columbine - 21 wks) hasn't started yet either but she's a hybrid so should lay over the winter - correct? Molly (Pied Suffolk - 23 wks) has been laying 2 eggs every 3 days for about 2 weeks - still tiny though, when do the eggs get bigger ? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
feemcg Posted October 12, 2007 Share Posted October 12, 2007 I think it's still a case of wait and see Vicki - as I said in another thread I have a 32 week old Speckled Sussex not laying yet . I also have 2 Buff Sussex at 22 weeks and one is slightly bigger with a redder comb - she squatted for the 1st time yesterday so fingers crossed. The 2 Wheaten Marans are also 22 weeks but smaller with much smaller combs and still look and act like babies so I'd be very surprised if they laid this year. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
xChicken04x Posted October 12, 2007 Share Posted October 12, 2007 I'm sure Columbine, Jasmine, Cream legbar, Skyline (etc, etc) take longer to lay because of the coulours of their eggs. We have a 27 week old (28 weeks on sunday) Jasmine called Clover. She is supposed to lay between 25-27 weeks but has a tiney pink comb, with a pink face and bright red wattles You will just have to play the waiting game! xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ubereglu Posted October 12, 2007 Share Posted October 12, 2007 Well I don't think my two little ones will lay this year!!! They're both pure breeds and are only aged between roughly 13 and 15 weeks! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...