Guest Eliza & Maud

Weather

Hi Ellie,

It's 12C here in Sunny Stamford 8) - or at least it was sunny until a minute ago - it's now drizzling very lightly. The girls aren't too happy. They've just been moved to a new permanent run at the bottom of the garden and have lost their covered dustbath as a result. They have the Omlet sun shade stretched like an awning across one end of the run but haven't worked out it's dry under there yet!! It's also windy here and they don't like that at all!

Hope it's better where you are :wink: .

it's sunny here in Berkshire but still windy... Our girls are sulking because they're still in the eglu run... they haven't escaped recently but Ginger has that plotting look as she paces the side hedge looking for weak places to break through so we're only letting them out when we're around to keep an eye on them :lol:

oooh... we haven't got it as windy as you, Kate! When I say 'windy here', I mean windy for Berkshire. I was born on the east coast and I'm amazed at how little wind we get here but as I've been here for over 20 years I've become a Softy Southerner!

The girls are free ranging now and really enjoying the sheltered corners. :)

It's often really windy here. We're at the far end of town and on a bit of a hill. The wind whistles between the houses and makes our walls vibrate! Very spooky on a winter's night, I can tell you :shock: ! It got my washing dry though so I'm eternally grateful for not having damp washing airing all over the house again today :D:D:D !

I don't know :oops::oops: ! Geography's not my subject! I've just had a look at Streetmap.co.uk and there's loads of Broughton's - Northampton, North Lincolnshire, etc. Which one? We're not far from Peterborough one way and Melton Mowbray the other way!! We're just up the road from Burghley House where they have the Horse Trials.

Yes you did Yvonne! Congratulations on another step up the ladder :D !

Gorgeous day here again today. Bright, sunny, mild - the blossom's opening on some of the trees, the daffodils are bobbing in the breeze, the pond's full of amorous frogs going "rrrrrrrrrip" at each other and having a cuddle! Spring's definitely sprung :D:D:D

Son and I have just found Two frogs 'cuddling' in the chickens run! They were in the half Eglu run which is in there and all the girls looked as they went past and then ignored them!

I think they were scared of them :shock:

I couldn't reach to get them out and son says it's 'nature' and let's leave them to see what happens :?

Eventually I forced him to crawl in and rescue them and take them back to the pond

It was absolutely gorgeous here today.The sun shone all day,the birds were singing and we got 2 eggs!! :D:D

I thought that it must be time for the frogs to get 'cuddly',the road outside my sons school is a major hurdle for any frog in the mood for romance and they're not all successful.Boys do seem to find flat frogs quite fascinating! :?

(green eglu) Kim

GNR Mrs.Frisby

PP Clary

Absolutely beautiful sunny day here. More summer than Spring. I haven't seen any frogs cuddling - must go up and check the pond tomorrow. What worries me most it that I heard/read somewhere that chooks will eat froglets. I wonder how true that is.

The forsythia is out, the bluebells are up, the catkins are all out, the birds are singing... the chooks are chooking...