Dee D

Automatic Door Opener

Hello, I’m new to the product, I have just set the timer on the automatic door opener and despite trying two sets of brand new batteries of different brands it still shows only 10% battery life. What am I doing wrong or is it faulty. I’ve emailed Omlet directly but I know they are super busy atm so not expecting a swift response. 

We use Duracell or Energizer batteries depending on what we have at home.

I think they have had 100% on them when they started but neither hubby or me can remember, sorry.

Sometimes the battery drops to 60% but they have been on that for a long time and the door still keeps working.

Sorry I can't be of much more help. 

I had the same problem.  Take one of the batteries out, disconnect the door and replace the battery.  

Now the controller will reset.  Remove one of the batteries again, and reconnect the door to the controller.  

Replace the battery and you should now see the 100%.

On 5/16/2022 at 1:55 PM, chicken lips said:

I had the same problem.  Take one of the batteries out, disconnect the door and replace the battery.  

Now the controller will reset.  Remove one of the batteries again, and reconnect the door to the controller.  

Replace the battery and you should now see the 100%.

Hey, I have this problem but unfortunately this trick doesn't seem to work for me. We also have a coop light - I've disconnected that completely in case it was somehow just draining battery constantly. Is there possibly anything else to try?

If the batteries are draining that quickly there are a couple of possibilities that come to mind, either something faulty on the board itself inside the controller or some form of moisture ingress causing current drain to the batteries.

Remove the front cover of the control panel and check the seal is not compromised, inspect the internal board for moisture or any thing that looks to be a dull lead colour on the circuit board.

Check the cable from the box to the door entry has no damage.

Finally check the door is running smoothly and that the runners and mechanism is not blocked or heavily contaminated.

It will be hard to confirm if its the door or the control box that is the cause of the batteries draining but the checks above might point to the cause.