Mrs Frugal

Clocks!

Reading this it seems everyone changes their clocks on Sunday morning. I know it's not a subject that is usually discussed much, but I am surprised! I always change mine before I go to bed on Saturday - no big deal I know, i'm just surprised to find after all these years :shock: that i seem to be a bit different. :)

Ginette - what a brilliant idea. An so simple too, I can't believe I haven't ever thought of it. That way, you'd wake up Sunday morning being absoloutly certain of the time (well, if Darren remembered to get the step ladders out for the ones upstairs on time :roll: )

I am going to put your suggestion to the test in March! :D

The extra hour was a nightmare for us. Stefan still had his 11 hours, which meant he was up at 5am, and we had to keep him up an extra hour so he woke up at 6am this morning. He was a handful last night, and I was desperate to get some sleep by 3pm!

We do our alarm clocks on Saturday evening - and some of our clocks are radio controlled.

I do my alarm clocks on Saturday night too Lesley. I also have a nice radio controlled kitchen clock, so that sorts itself :D .

As an aside, anyone else had trouble with the timekeeping on their radio controlled clocks this year? Mine was all over the place from about Springtime to just a few weeks ago. I was on the point of slinging it out (it only cost £2 from the market about 8 years ago) then I found that control of the signal had moved from Rugby to Cumbria in the Spring. Anyone know if they had teething problems? My mum has the same make of clock (well at £2 you don't just buy one :wink: ) and hers was out of sync too :?

Reading this it seems everyone changes their clocks on Sunday morning. I know it's not a subject that is usually discussed much, but I am surprised! I always change mine before I go to bed on Saturday - no big deal I know, i'm just surprised to find after all these years :shock: that i seem to be a bit different. :)

Ginette - what a brilliant idea. An so simple too, I can't believe I haven't ever thought of it. That way, you'd wake up Sunday morning being absoloutly certain of the time (well, if Darren remembered to get the step ladders out for the ones upstairs on time :roll: )

I am going to put your suggestion to the test in March! :D

The extra hour was a nightmare for us. Stefan still had his 11 hours, which meant he was up at 5am, and we had to keep him up an extra hour so he woke up at 6am this morning. He was a handful last night, and I was desperate to get some sleep by 3pm!

:lol::lol: I guess it's probably what you grow up with! It has never occurred to me NOT to do it on Saturday! Then, I always have to be up on Sunday morning so I need to make sure it's the right time. :roll:

I remember that problem with the extra hour and young children. Nightmare! Now I've learnt to let them stay up a bit later on Saturday (not that anyone's very young anymore :( ) Of course in March Stefan will happily sleep on and you won't even notice that you've lost an hour! :D