chickenlover

The worst earache i've ever had

how awful- would wrapping a hot water bottle in a towel and lying your ear on it help at all?

I wonder if some heat would help?

I've had ear infections that have been agony, I went deaf in one ear for ages.

I had an ear infection so went to the docs, they decided I had an infection but I should also have my ears syringed, to cut a long story short- the water got stuck in my one of my ears and made me deaf and was absolute agony, also made me dizzy. was stuck like for a cple of weeks til i went back and they tried again (after I'd put the warm oil down my ear for a while) this time the wax and the water came out but my ear has never been the same since. I stick bits of tissue in my ears in the wind (if I don't have a hat with me).

Oh it's horrible, you have my sympathies.

I hope you are feeling better now. Its awful that you have had to be in pain for so long. I had eczema type trouble with my ears for about 20 years and was always told by various GPs to use hydrocortisone cream but although that would subdue the really bad itching it never got rid of it. My ears would swell up and I had to keep my hair long to hide them as they looked dreadful. After a really bad ear infection last year I saw a different doctor and he prescribed me some Otomize ear spray. It was absolutely fabulous - at first I used it 3 times a day, then once a day and now I just use it as and when I need it which is about once every couple of weeks. Its probably more expensive that the creams so doctors won't prescribe it first off but I would now recomend anyone with a problem of itchy ears to keep going back to their doc until it is fixed as there are other options.