chickenlover

The worst earache i've ever had

I got a phone call from the school yesterday asking me as i had been CRB checked could i come along to the cindrella pantomime as a helper :D I was so excited to be going as i havent seen a panto for at least 18 years and i knew the girls would love me coming along. I went in, signed all the forms and then woke up this morning compleatly deaf in my right ear and in agony :cry: As i have an ongoing thing with my ears the doc wrote me out a perscription without seeing me, I then had to go and pay nearly £20 for all the antibiotics and pain killers :shock: but worst of all ive had to let the school down because i cant hear probally enough to be resposible for 25 children :cry: and my girls are really upset that i wont be going, sorry for the depressing post i just needed a shoulder to cry on :roll:

Well you get my sympathy vote. I've had ongoing ear problems for the past two years. I recently went for an MRI scan as a last resort and they could find nothing odd or what might give them a clue to my painful ear and loss of hearing.

No idea what to do now. A hearing aid I guess?

It's awful having hearing problems. Half the time I loose track of the conversation and I end up sitting there getting frustrated as I have no idea what's going on :roll:

Hope you get it sorted soon. :(

Its just the worst isnt it? I have eczema in my ear canals, which makes them swell and be extramly painfull, the first time it happend my husband wisked me off to A&E i was in so much pain and looked like id been in a punch up, they packed my ears with cotton swabs soaked in solution for 2 weeks, i was useless, i had no balance, and couldnt hear a thing, when i went back to the hospital i had to ask the receptionist to come and get me when it was my turn as i couldnt hear my name being called :oops: It is extreamly frustrating. I wouldnt mind so much but i dont get eczema any where else on my body and never have :doh: One plus though is that i cant hear the kids half killing each other :wink:

Poor you! I'm really sorry you have to miss the panto. That seems to be how life is for mothers - the few little perks that come our way are always on days that someone is unwell, usually one of the children!

:(:(

I hope the pain has calmed down now, even if you can't hear very well.

Ears are a nightmare aren't they??

The problem is the ear canal doesn't have many blood vessels so antib's take ages to do their job.

Being cabin crew with completely screwed up ears, my balance is always all over the place!

You have my sympathy!

We have all noticed that you are unbalanced Christian! :lol:Just kidding.

I had a viral thingy a while back that made me dizzy and gave me tinitus. it was awful.

Sorry you are feeling below par Chickenlover.....and that you missed the panto.

and my girls are really upset that i wont be going,

I'm sure they'll understand - they'll just be disappointed that you won't be there.

I can sympathise with the loss of hearing although I'm lucky not to have any pain (unless I spend a long time in strong winds).

I have possible - but won't know for sure unless I get operated on - otosclerosis which renders me almost deaf in one ear. I got an NHS hearing aid a few years ago but it's so uncomfortable to wear I gave up on it. I can't decide whether the risk of going completely deaf in one ear after an operation is worth it.

It's awful having hearing problems. Half the time I loose track of the conversation and I end up sitting there getting frustrated as I have no idea what's going on (

I get that too - it's really annoying isn't it. Or you sit there nodding and smiling and praying that that's the right response :? .

you have my sympathy too as I feel pants as well. I started with deafness in my left ear 2 weeks ago, but just shrugged it off. Then my gums all swelled up, then I got this mighty sore throat & a sniffly nose & today I can't even talk!!!! It's horrid.

Could you not ask you children to give you a special panto performance at home or get them to make one up for you? That way you'll all feel happier.

Hope you feel better soon.

Emma.x

ooohhh, my sympathies. I get psoriasis in my ear canals sometimes and that is so painful (like the eczema).

I've always suffered with very painful earache when it's cold too so I always have to wear a hat.

I hope the antibiotics and painkillers kick in soon. If you end up paying a lot out for prescriptions, it's sometimes worth having a prepayment certificate - I have psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis so it costs me a fortune in creams/potions/painkillers/methotrexate so I got a prepayment job.

Its just the worst isnt it? I have eczema in my ear canals, which makes them swell and be extramly painfull, the first time it happend my husband wisked me off to A&E i was in so much pain and looked like id been in a punch up, they packed my ears with cotton swabs soaked in solution for 2 weeks, i was useless, i had no balance, and couldnt hear a thing, when i went back to the hospital i had to ask the receptionist to come and get me when it was my turn as i couldnt hear my name being called :oops: It is extreamly frustrating. I wouldnt mind so much but i dont get eczema any where else on my body and never have :doh: One plus though is that i cant hear the kids half killing each other :wink:

I SO know where you are coming from. I have Psoriasis in my ear canals and get ear infections constantly. ( I was off last week with one :roll: ). Im like you - I go totally deaf and the pain is unbearable. SO bad that I just sit and cry. I did go to hospital one time I had it as I didnt know what to do with myself as the pain unbelievable. :cry:

I get at least 3 infections a year, and I think that (and toothache) is one of the worst things to suffer from.

I hope you feel a bit better soon.

ooohhh, my sympathies. I get psoriasis in my ear canals sometimes and that is so painful (like the eczema).

I've always suffered with very painful earache when it's cold too so I always have to wear a hat.

I hope the antibiotics and painkillers kick in soon. If you end up paying a lot out for prescriptions, it's sometimes worth having a prepayment certificate - I have psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis so it costs me a fortune in creams/potions/painkillers/methotrexate so I got a prepayment job.

Ooh, Diane just noticed your post (see mine above). I also have psoriasis. I get it really bad on my feet and in my ears. I have to take penicillin all the time to prevent blood poisoning from the infected cuts/breaks on my feet. :cry:

Not nice is it?

Feeling worse today than yesterday, the pain killers are not touching the pain, my ears are so swollen i look like pob :oops: woke up three times in the night in absolute agony and i cant get an appointment to go and see the docter for stronger pain killers till the morning :cry: But my darling daughter is looking after me and conveying everything everyone is saying to me because im compleatly deaf now 8)