Moonie

Mother in law advice please

It's a tough one, isn't it. Fortunately, my parents are as strict as I am about what Rosie eats - she has her Dad's sweet tooth and deosn't need any encouragement to eat sweet stuff (as was illustrated at Jimmy's Farm this weekend :roll: ). She is like me and has a very low tolerance of sweet stuff, colouring and additives, knowing that it 'makes her naughty' - all sweets that she is given at partied go into a treat box and only allowed out rarely and after meals.

Unfortunately, her Dad encourages her sweet tooth, but then he has to put up with the consequences :lol:

Luckily we never see my ex-MIL.

Despite it all....I did manage to get them all to 18 without any of them needing fillings!

wow!! :shock:

Mine were 30 before they needed any dental treatment! - and then they both had a problem with the same tooth which had a crack in the enamel, not a hole.

Strict 'no sweets' policy and healthy snacks when they were little - my mother was the same so I had no problems with her spoiling them. MIL wasn't on the scene for long.

Once they started earning their own money though................ :roll: They hit sweets big time!!!! :roll: - they both have my sweet tooth despite all the healthy snacks - and I always ate my chocolate in secret!