Guest Penguinmad

Too much booze

I had a party last night for all my old work colleages (only one of the miserable so and so's I work with now deigned to come!).

I told them, as I tell the every time, DON'T BRING ANY BOOZE - Just bring mixers and any soft drinks of choice. We have tons of booze which seems to increase every time we have a party but I dont' have any mixers and I really don't see why I should have to spend money buying those when I'm offering free booze. I specifially said that I had 2 crates of lager which are coming up to their use by date and need to be drunk.

But still this morning I find I now have ANOTHER 2 crates of lager, 6 more bottles of wine than I started with and a practically full bottle of vodka that wasn't there before. None of the spirits I put out got touched, most of them were given to me when a friend left the country.

Oh and during the party people kept asking me "do you have any orange juice, do you have any lemonade, don't you have bottled water". GRRRRRR. These are the same people at EVERY PARTY so why don't they get that when I say I have loads of booze - I MEAN IT!

I'm wondering if its against freecycle rules to offer crates of lager. I have 4 intact ones plus a cupboard with about another 40 assorted cans and bottles. It seems to multiply.

why don't you give it to James' school to raffle or some such other worthy cause, the local hospice or whatever? Or donate it to help the aged so they put it in the hampers they dish out to the OAPs or even those places that give the homeless a Christmas Meal. I think they're called 'Crisis' and they might even send someone to collect it all.

Just a thought :)

Have a lovely Christmas

xxx

why don't you give it to James' school to raffle or some such other worthy cause, the local hospice or whatever? Or donate it to help the aged so they put it in the hampers they dish out to the OAPs or even those places that give the homeless a Christmas Meal. I think they're called 'Crisis' and they might even send someone to collect it all.

Just a thought :)

Have a lovely Christmas

xxx

Interesting ideas - not sure about the homeless I think there are a few too many problem drinkers amongst them. But I could see if anyone else is running a do and needs raffle prizes - school one is just for the kids so its all toy prizes.

Only reason I keep having all these parties is to get shot of all this drink - may as well save myself the hassle of the parties.

Trouble is that even when I'm drinking I don't drink at home. Even my alcholic ex husband didn't drink at home (shame really - might have seen him occasionally).

A lot of the wine was bought by my Dad, some of it's rather nice stuff too. He died 6 years agoa and we've barely made a dent in it.

The Omlet party sounds like a good idea really. it could be that hot tub party we talked about before...

Acutally the only time we ever drink at home is in the hot tub, nothing better than sitting in there with a beer or glass of wine. Can only do it when we all go in though - dangerous to drink in there alone.

The summer party is on 21st June and starts early - its James' birthday party in the afternoon and we are having a fire limo http://www.firelimo.net/ and then a BBQ after and party on into the evening for anyone who wants to come. Pop it in your diaries.