PillowSnail

Issues with the gaps in the Zippi Guinea Pig Run with Roof and Skirt - Single Height

Hi all, i know i could/should post this in a different forum but some seem pretty quiet. I bought a Zippi Guinea Pig Run with Roof and Skirt - Single Height recently actually to house quail. I wasn't fully aware (didn't pay close enough attention) to the gaps in the wire. I didn't realise there were 2 sizes this narrower one and what mine is which is maybe 1"x1" 

Whatever animal was in there whether it's guineas or small birds, etc... basically, I've had cats reach right through and manage to grab one of my quail. I've currently put chicken wire round the whole thing but it sort of defeats the point of the well designed run... i now can't easily access the doors and different panels. 

Anyone have any advice or ideas? I can't see my size run (which is perfect!) with the smaller mesh :( I'm thinking I'm going to have to (urgh) unassemble the whole thing, individually chicken wire every panel and cable tie these and rebuild it - adding extra cost on too. Or do i try and sell it (we know Omlet isn't cheap!) and buy something else Omlet that's more fitting? Sorry just feeling a bit down about this! Love the ingenuity of omlet products and how cleaver they are and fit together but I've made a pretty big error it feels like with this run now. 

On 6/29/2023 at 11:23 AM, PillowSnail said:

Hi all, i know i could/should post this in a different forum but some seem pretty quiet. I bought a Zippi Guinea Pig Run with Roof and Skirt - Single Height recently actually to house quail. I wasn't fully aware (didn't pay close enough attention) to the gaps in the wire. I didn't realise there were 2 sizes this narrower one and what mine is which is maybe 1"x1" 

Whatever animal was in there whether it's guineas or small birds, etc... basically, I've had cats reach right through and manage to grab one of my quail. I've currently put chicken wire round the whole thing but it sort of defeats the point of the well designed run... i now can't easily access the doors and different panels. 

Anyone have any advice or ideas? I can't see my size run (which is perfect!) with the smaller mesh :( I'm thinking I'm going to have to (urgh) unassemble the whole thing, individually chicken wire every panel and cable tie these and rebuild it - adding extra cost on too. Or do i try and sell it (we know Omlet isn't cheap!) and buy something else Omlet that's more fitting? Sorry just feeling a bit down about this! Love the ingenuity of omlet products and how cleaver they are and fit together but I've made a pretty big error it feels like with this run now. 

I would give Omlet a ring in this case. They will be able to tell you if the run comes in different mesh and come up with a solution. They are very reasonable people.