SarahJo

School dinners

:P I help out at lunch times in Ben and Joes school. Today they had sweetcorn as a veg, and combined infant and juniors leftovers, I bagged a weeks supply for the ladies :wink:8):D . In return ... fresh eggs for the school cook. :P . Seems like a fair swap to me ... and the chooks did not turn their beaks up. :wink:

Hello fellow dinner lady :D

I work at my Ben's school as well.

We don't have cooked dinners though, the children bring packed lunch.

The only thing I have ever brought home is the peel from all the oranges to scatter around to keep the cats away :?

Whatever you do, don't let anyone official know: The school could be fined for allowing s"Ooops, word censored!"s from their kitchens to go home. Ridiculous, but true I'm afraid.

:oops::shock: Actually I have only ever brought home 1 fresh cream chocolate eclair, the rest never make it passed the staff room :D

The veggie greens are the outside leaves of caulis and cabbage. Can they get fined for me bringing them home ?

Whatever you do, don't let anyone official know: The school could be fined for allowing s"Ooops, word censored!"s from their kitchens to go home. Ridiculous, but true I'm afraid.

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Suppose we shouldnt be surprised really :shock::shock:

We are not allowed to accept gifts either (cause, of course a pot of home made jam could make all the difference as to how I deal with your claim :wink::roll: )