Tricky

beer !

No, before you all start to panic, I don't give beer to my girls, but with a title like this thought I might get a few hits :D

It seems to me that most users on the forum appear to be ladies.

I was just wondering how many members of the male species use the forum, hence the title beer :twisted:

Maybe it would be a good idea to add another section on the Forum especially for us men folk, so we can talk about men things :) like beer and football etc. :shock:

mmm, thinking about it, this probably isn't PC as I'm sure there are plenty of ladies who like beer and football too.Feel free to join in. :D:D:D

(green eglu)

PP Peppi

GNR Bon Bon

No, before you all start to panic, I don't give beer to my girls, but with a title like this thought I might get a few hits :D

It seems to me that most users on the forum appear to be ladies.

I was just wondering how many members of the male species use the forum, hence the title beer :twisted:

Hmm, have to say that not only the male species that drinks beer :D Can this be construed as a sexist remark? :? However, see you've already forseen that this could be the case. I'll join in for the beer talk but probably give the footy a miss. I mean, grown men hugging each other :!::!::?

Yeah, the tittle did sort of grab my attention :!:

E

Lots of ladies here who like beer & football Tricky, although this particular lady prefers wine and Charlton Athletic.... so close then :wink:

I'd say that the majority of users probably are women, but that said we do have several men who post regularly.... you could even say too regularly in certain cases :roll: (mentioning no names, grd :wink: ). There are also quite a few young people who join in the forum discussions too, so it's a very egalitarian forum..... if you have an interest in chickens......and a few other recurrent themes :oops::oops: , you'll fit in here perfectly :wink:

I suspect though that this thread might do better in Nesting Box, which is where most of the more frivolous conversations take place. If you go over there I'm sure you'll find some interesting topics, or feel free to start a thread on almost anything.... just expect the women to join in just as much as the men :wink:

mmm,

interesting.No male responses yet :(

Linda, what is your favourite real ale :?:

have you tried a sample from the morrells brewery.Lovely :D

(green eglu)

PP peppi

GNR Bon Bon

hooray, :D:D:D:D:D

hello Martin, this could become intersting.I'm afraid i have to admit to being a long suffering baggies fan.hopefully we will perform another great escape,but somehow i doubt it :!:

(green eglu)

PP Peppi

GNR Bon Bon

Linda, what is your favourite real ale :?:

have you tried a sample from the morrells brewery.Lovely :D

(green eglu)

PP peppi

GNR Bon Bon

We're lucky we have the Oakham Ales brewery in Peterborough. They have won numerous awards over the last 10 years and their JHB (Jeffrey Hudson Bitter) is perfect - light coloured, a little bitter and very drinkable. I also like a Woodfordes Wherry, a bit darker and slightly fruity but a good round flavour. :P

I haven't tried a Morrells, but I will make sure I do and report back when I have! Thanks for the tip.

We are lucky here that we host the 2nd largest beer festival in the country after the London one. It's always a great event. Maybe we could have an Omlet get-together there in August! :wink::wink:

If I wasn't on the wine tonight, I'd quite fancy a pint now!! :D:wink:

You can keep the football but I do like beer. I am a member of Camra and really enjoy a good glass or two of the real stuff!! :D

Linda - A girl after my own heart. Not too keen on footy but I go for the odd glass of beer. What's your favourate real stuff being a member of Camra I'm partial to a glass or two ect of abbott or speckled hen - does that count as real beer?

What are baggies - sorry a complet footy ignorant :)

Apologies, dont seem to be able to get the old quotes working despite advice :!:

e

Linda,

Morells is Oxfordshire based but well worth the visit.

Bathams is my personnel favourite but doesn't travel well so you probably won't have tried it.midlands based. I have visiteed several breweries, Adnams in southwold is a good one. Their Broadside is particularly good :D:D

Tricky

Adnams in southwold is a good one. Their Broadside is particularly good :D:D

Tricky

I'd quite like to visit that one. Broadside? You like a drop of the strong stuff then!! :shock:

Elaine, it's always nice to hear from other girls who like a beer. Carry on enjoying your beers - they're real! :D