Its tricky isn't it though as I have have been reading through most people start with an eglu and then less than a year later are buying a cube - I guess chicken owning is addictive (can't find spell check on that)! I keep saying to my friends and family that I am petted out at the moment - not including the wannabe chickens - but I think we would then think to ourselves 'oh it would be nice to get some different breeds'. How often does that happen to everyone?

And look at me I haven't got any, I've been on the computer all day, the oven was put on half and hour ago and I haven't put my jacket potatoes in! I'm sorry I really do go on....

Its tricky isn't it though as I have have been reading through most people start with an eglu and then less than a year later are buying a cube - I guess chicken owning is addictive (can't find spell check on that)! I keep saying to my friends and family that I am petted out at the moment - not including the wannabe chickens - but I think we would then think to ourselves 'oh it would be nice to get some different breeds'. How often does that happen to everyone?

And look at me I haven't got any, I've been on the computer all day, the oven was put on half and hour ago and I haven't put my jacket potatoes in! I'm sorry I really do go on....

Hi i'm in the same boat as you i can't decide weather to get an eglu or a cube. and this site is so addictive. but i think i've decided to go straight for the cube instead of wasting money on eglu and getting cube less than year later. Some things are just worth paying that bit extra for lol now i got to convince hubby!!!

If you can afford it I would go for the cube - chickens are addictive :wink::lol:

I started with 1 eglu and 2 chooks, 3 years ago.........and now I have 7 chooks, another 3 on order and a lovely lilac cube for them all to live in :roll::lol::lol:

At one point last year I had a 3 eglus - (green eglu) mk1 (purple eglu) mk2 (blue eglu) mk2 and a wooden bantam house :shock::shock::shock:

Thanks for the replies. I have sent the e-mail page to my husband. I think space wise the cube is probably better as its not as long (thats if I measured it correctly). Is this right? The space I have would work better with a cube. Just hope hubby agrees - he's keen on chickens too so hope it won't take too much persuading!

Reading up on chickens is addictive so goodness knows what owning them will be like.... can't wait. I want to order one now......

:D

If you only have room for one, get the Cube, as it is so much less wasteful of space than the Eglu.

But if you have lots of room, I would start with the Eglu this year and get a Cube as well next year. There are a lot of advantages to having a second run.