I finished the cube area :D:D:D:D:D Here are the piccies...................

cube1.jpg

cube4.jpg

cube6.jpg

cube2.jpg

Now I off to sit and admire my garden :D :D ........... although there are 2 little bits in my garden that are annoying me and I can see myself tweaking them first :roll: :roll: .............then I can sit an admire my garden :lol::lol:

WOW!

That looks super....very tropical. :lol:

I love your chickenalia too....particularly the watering can....I remember those being mentioned on the forum last year.

How do the girls like their new des res accommodation? :lol:

They love it :D:D:D

no problems with the ladder, they obviously paid attention to my masterclass :wink::lol:

We had 5 eggs yesterday .......... 3 girls in the nestbox at one time ....... so my fears that they wouldn't like one big nestbox have been banished :D:D

I love it, I love it, I love it, I'm so glad i took the plunge and upgraded :D:D:D

Looks absolutely fab Pam! I really admire all the plants etc - my garden looks so bare compared to many of the forum members :oops:

And the lilac cube is quite something isn't it :wink:

I agree with you about being pleased with the upgrade. I was really apprehensive but I think both the chooks and I would agree that it was the best thing I did, and if I were to extend even further :roll: (highly unlikely, she says with her fingers crossed behind her back) I would get a cube every time.

I agree with Bron - it does look like an oasis! 8)

looks very nice Pam, just goes to show an eglu or cube looks fantastic in any style garden - you dont have to have grass. I have a lot of pebbles/decking in my garden and hardly any grass.

I love the hen watering can and your raised pond.

Clever hens aswell :D - mine still cant do the ladder :roll:

Your set up is very beautiful... no wonder you just want to sit there and admire it :D

Our garden is much more of a 'kids toys' and 'let nature take it's course' place, not much structuring at all, but it's a very big garden by town garden standards, so it manages to feel peaceful anyway...

I was very happy to upgrade to the cube too, I loved the eglu, but wouldn't look back now.

Great work!!! Enjoy it!! :)

Thanks everyone for all your lovely comments :D:D:D:D

The sun finally came out this afternoon and I was able to have a nice cuppa and admire my garden :wink::D:D

My garden has undergone a very big transformation over the past 2 years including lots of plants in raised planters - in fact more than before chooks - and I gave up on lawn (at least I don't have to spend Sunday afternoons mowing :wink::lol: )

The girls have a corner of the garden that is bare earth so they can dig to their hearts content (even though they also dig in all the gravel areas aswell :D ) and dust bath :D :D and under the cherry tree the girls have 2 rolls of turf that are replaced every 2 weeks so they have their own mini lawn to eat :roll::roll::D:D

Is that a large access door you have fitted to the side of the run? We were thinking of how to put a larger door in the end but I like the idea of putting one in the side.

I love the wooden decking squares and how tidy they make it look.

SH

Yes it is ............ I needed to be able to get into the run to change the aubiose and I just can't fit through the door :wink::wink: I put it in the side because there was better access space.

I chose the side panel because it's fixed to the cube and the support pole so it can (in my opinion) cope with having a large hole cut in it.

Hi,

I'm new (have posted in welcome to). Haven't bought any chickens or eglus yet - have seen the photo of the cube above and very impressed.

My question is should I start with an eglu and wait and see or start off with a cube and a few extra chickens because with an eglu they suggest just two chickens or have I read that wrong (its all I've been doing today - apart from a trip to the dentist and walking the dog). I think i'm going a bit chicken gaga!! :roll: