Despite claiming to be ardently anti-chicken, my partner spent yesterday building our orange cube and has done a great job! Since then the weather has obliged by snowing, hailstoning and raining (that's Scotland in April for you!) and - so far so good - no leaks! Chooks arrive mid May so lots of time to check in case do start to have leak problems. I am so excited!!!!!

Great to hear your Cube has arrived - I was looking across towards your place earlier, Susan and it was pitch black and I could see the rain coming down - quite freaky when it's only a few miles away and we didn't get a drop!.

Are you getting your chooks from Matt?

aaah an anti chicken partner. I can sympathise with you but there is hope. The Anti-Chicken has already said that her username needs to change before she posts - the Batty Girls think she's their Mum!

Of course it was also her who bought the cube to give The Missus Chickens more room to lay.... When she phones from her holiday she says "hows my cat, hows the chickens". In winter she makes them porridge on a cold morning. Oh how the anti-chicken has changed!

I too am hopeful that my OH will lose his anti-chicken sentiments (even if he never admits it!) - I actually caught him reading Practical Poultry the other night!!!!

Fee - you are right, the weather has been well freaky out my way just now. I am getting my chickens from Matt but will not be until mid-May as they are young yet. He seems like a great guy. Will let you (and no doubt the world) know what we get.