Hi,

I'm close to getting my other half to agree to (finally!) ordering an Eglu and would like to know from long-time owners if the colours ever fade?

I was thinking of red or orange, but I wanted to know if it faded over time and was less vibrant. If so, would go for a paler colour.

Thanks,

Steph

My orange eglu hasn't faded at all, but the 2nd hand pink rablu (roughly the same age) has faded badly. I;m not too worried about this as pink wouldn't be my colour of choice and it's less inyerface now.

I spoke to Will at Omlet about htis a few weeks ago and he was puzzled as they are all made fromthe same material etc. I think that some of the colourants are just more prone to fading than others, bit like red cars always fading a bit.

I have a red eglu & it hasn't faded a bit in my opinion. I've just been out to check how the back of the door looks compared to the front as it is open most of the time, & the colour is the same, and the same with the edge of the poo tray which never gets direct sunlight.

My eglu is very scratched, though, so maybe that might look to some people as fading?

Here it is

2344476283_6825076868_o.jpg

I have had my red Eglu for 3 years (it has been in the garage since Christmas, empty :oops: ) and it hasn't faded. The outside of the lid is still the same colour as the inside. Maybe the fading on the second hand red Eglu was due to the type of cleaner used on it :?

I have said before though that perhaps mine hasn't faded due to the weak Scottish sunshine :lol:

Once again, thanks so much. We placed our order for a cube and two young ladies this afternoon -- hoping they will arrive by end of June.

We decided on the limited edition Lilac colour, for no more rational reason than the area of the garden we are going to put the cube is dominated by a lilac bush (at least I think it's a lilac bush; not much of a gardener me). It smells like lilac anyway, so... Lilac it is!

I'm very exicited and can hardly wait.