Ange1

What's the standard feeders that come with a cube?

:( My lilac cube is still not due for a few weeks yet!

I've seen photos of cubes with different types of feeders for water.

Which one is standard? Something called 'super glug'? That has 3 'teets' on the bottom of it or the other sort that is more like the grub but has an open top to it?

Which do hens get on with best?

Can I buy the alternative from Omlet?

Also i've seen photos of some people's set up where they have more than one grub and glug thingys!

If I'm getting potentially 4 hens will one set be enough?

I've realised that I can add things to my order up until 1 week before delivery. Now's the time to work out what spares I need ( :wink: when there's no extra P&P) Not a few weeks down the line!

:lol: So come on folks convice me of any extras I need!

So far I've added due to recommendations

some Omlet chicken fencing

a spare set of roosting bars, to save drying time when cleaning them!

:wink: Anything else?!!

The SuperGlug with the teats comes as standard with the Cube.

People either love it or hate it. If you don't want it, give Omlet a ring and they will substitute the one that looks more like the Grub.

Or you could buy the latter as an extra, so if your hens can't cope with the teats you can do a swap.

Okay! Thanks for that. Which do you have Gallina?

The super glug looks like it will hold more.

I suppose I wont know if my hens will be okay with it until it's too late!

I'm thinking about the times when i leave them for a weekend and what will hold more, I wonder how much they are and if there is a difference in prices?!

Hmm I can feel another call to Omlet, they'll be fed up with hearing from me!

The super glug is £12.99

The ordinary glug is £9.49

I have a super glug, but I have never attempted to use it. I don't think I would like if I were a hen (but I would love it if I were a small mammal).

I think I empathize too much, and you must wait for people who love their super glugs to respond.

The ordinary glug doesn't hold as much water, and the water can get dirty; but it is very easy to fill from a watering can and simple to wash.

I have 2 of each. They are fine with the superglug, but they do like to swig from an open topped container too. This way I know that when the little glug is muddy, has been emptied quickly or has been tipped off the rails, they still have access to their water from the superglug.