pbfhpunk Posted June 2, 2008 Share Posted June 2, 2008 My glug leaks! I've had to lower it so that the chickens can drink out of it like the regular glug as even though they use it how it was designed to be used when we filled a bowl up with water they drank a lot more and now it's lowered they deffo drink a lot more, nyway - first I noticed that it leaks at the back and appears to be cracked all the way down from where the things that hook over the wire are, and then we filled it on saturday night after the chickens were in bed and by sunday morning it was totally empty and the ground underneath was soaked so it looks like the bits at the bottom are leaking too. I got the cube in April is it too late to ask for a replacement? and what do I do in the time I send the old one off and get a new one? Also does anyone else wish that the cube came with a bigger feeder as for my 6 the amount it holds doesn't last long and would deffo not keep them going for a weekend if we went away - we're off for a week in 20 days and god knows what I'm going to do with regards to them being looked after! Thanks Helen Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 2, 2008 Share Posted June 2, 2008 I'd definitely ring Omlet and ask for a replacement. I have 10 hens and I used trough feeders so that they can all get to eat. I found that the grubs just weren't big enough. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted June 2, 2008 Share Posted June 2, 2008 I would contact them too, as they are unlikely to read about it here. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Scottie Posted June 2, 2008 Share Posted June 2, 2008 I use hanging trough feeders which I got from Solway Feeders - I bought 3 of them, although only use 2 for 6 hens. The feeders cost about £2.90 each and are galvanised. I really did this beceuse the omlet ones wouldn't fit on our weldmesh run, but am really happy with them. Sheila Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 2, 2008 Share Posted June 2, 2008 I've got a couple of those too Sheila - they're fab, aren't they? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Scottie Posted June 2, 2008 Share Posted June 2, 2008 (edited) They are really good and the delivery time was really short. It does say somewhere to be careful not to put apple cider vinegar in them, but I would use the super glug for that anyway. Our last two hens couldn't work out the super glug at all, but fortunately all the new girls have it sorted! Sheila Edited June 2, 2008 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 2, 2008 Share Posted June 2, 2008 I use large 1 litre bunny bottles for my girls water - they kept washing their feeet in the glugs and the water was always filthy. Glugs are good for putting pellets in. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pbfhpunk Posted June 2, 2008 Author Share Posted June 2, 2008 Claret So do you put that at ground level and fill it with pellets? I've just called omlet and spoke to Johannes they're sending a new glug, I also asked about large feeders and that's something they're looking into, I also asked about the leaking cube kit things and he said they're being sent in chronological order. Helen Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 2, 2008 Share Posted June 2, 2008 Claret So do you put that at ground level and fill it with pellets? I've just called omlet and spoke to Johannes they're sending a new glug, I also asked about large feeders and that's something they're looking into, I also asked about the leaking cube kit things and he said they're being sent in chronological order. Helen I latch it on so that the bottom is almost on the ground - they hold quite a lot. I think we need to hassle more about bigger feeders; Johannes was intrigued with my troughs etc last time he saw them and I explained that the grubs just aren't big enough. They are also difficult for my smallest girls to get into. I have a couple of the clip on Solway Feeders' troughs that someone else has mentioned in another thread. The bunny bottles are great and they all seem happy using them, even the smaller girls Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TAJ Posted June 2, 2008 Share Posted June 2, 2008 I have one that has taken to scooping out all the food in the grub on to the floor - not by accident she just gets all the food on the floor and then eats (some of) it from the floor. I have hung up a 4kg plastic feeder which keeps them going when we are away & she cannot empty that one onto the floor. Tracy Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...