Trish

Knitting

Hopefully by now there are some photo's of the shawl I've just knit for my eldest son's girlfriend in my album in the gallery. I'm so happy with it and wanted to show off, please forgive my big head but I'm very pleased with it

Just realised this is in the Chicken thread sorry. Thanks for he compliments Lesley I'm so pleased with it and won't ever wear it. It took me about two weeks of evenings so really it was quite quick to knit, just 8 rows in a pattern, quick to pick up, would you believe it only takes three balls of that yarn. Good job though the balls are very expensive as it's Kid mohair and silk but the recipient is 16 very soon, has her Prom next week and is lovely girl so it's worth it.

Thank you all, I'm very pleased with it. I gave the shawl to BEcky last night and she was so happy with it. She reckons it's better than her dress :D She's such a great girl and yesterday was a tough one for ther as she's now officailly left school for exams and is then going on to a different school for 6th form. Shawl really cheered her up I think.

:lol: Prom's are great! I went to mine a few weeks ago...

Talking of knitting, just thought I'd let you all know that I'm knitting some multi-coloured arm warmers :P They are like fingerless mittens and are VERY cool! I'm so proud of myself since I've finally broken away from simple garter stitch scarves! I do two garter stitches and then two pearl stitches so it looks ribbed! Anyway, I'll stop going on about them :)