Katie

eglu prices

Can't remember but on the new website it mentioned that the hen eglu is now improved and said something about modifications so it could hold up to 4 hens!!!!! I suppose this might explain it if there is a price increase.

However - I couldn't find anymore info about the modifications. Have they made it bigger? Anyone found the bit on the website that explains about the 4 hens?

I asked the OH last night about increases in the price of the raw materials that make the eglu (he works in the plastics industry). He said that there had been a large price increase since this time last year so maybe this partly accounts for it.

hi

sorry, i didn't realise it had got bigger! i thought it was just the normal size, hehe sorry :oops: they seem to have changed the egg port door style, i had noticed that in heavy rain my egg port door did leak a little

It looks as though the individual slats have been replaced with all joined ones now that should make it easier to get them out without splitting I will have to go and count the slats to see if there are any more. Maybe one of the team will be along to tell us what the changes are :shock:

• Omlet Staff

Hi guys,

Thought I should let you know the improvement for the new eglu.

Yes, it is slightly wider (~10 cm) to allow you to keep upto 4 chickens. We have improved the cleaning by making the roosting bar racks in two sections instead of individually. The actual price of the house hasn't gone up. The eglu house has remained the same price at £330.00 but we have stopped giving away free delivery and this now costs £25.00. Which means the package does costs more in total. This is to cover the increased cost of production and also makes it easier to explain pricing the rabbit house which does not have as many bits.

I hope you all approve of the changes and thanks for all the critics / comments about the design on the forum which have been key to making improvements.

James