ali-s Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 As we are moving on Friday I really need to get my chickens organised. My run has slabs underneath the hemcore. If I clear out the hemcore today (only chance to get to the tip today) will my chickens be ok on slabs for 5 days? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 Don't see why not. It'll wear their nails down nicely. Can you give them a little pile of something to scratch in if they can't get out to free range? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laura & CTB Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 I'm sure they'll be fine - good luck with the move Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AJuff Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 They will be fine as I had my chooks on just slabs for a few days until I had got some more sand to lay the slabs correctly. Good luck with the move. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Richard Posted June 29, 2008 Share Posted June 29, 2008 I can see no reason at all why they shouldn't be. Give them some greens and stuff and I'm sure they will be fine. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ali-s Posted June 30, 2008 Author Share Posted June 30, 2008 I cleaned out the hemcore, the chickens have large branches in the run to perch on if they get fed up of walking on the slabs. This afternoon I went in the run to do a poop pick. Gosh what a lot of poos in 24 hours, the hemcore surely does hide the poos well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...