Well guys, here's the thing..

have put my lovely purple cube with extra 1m extention run together today, it looks absolutely great... am really pleased....

Have reserved 6 chooks to be collected on the 25th, but a worried that this will not be enough scratching about space for them... will I need another extension? They will be able to free range but not hours in the day, so will be selective when I am out there with them to supervise....

Has any one got a cube and extension with 6 hens? Is there plenty of room or are they a bit cramped?

Sorry to ramble on.... :roll:

thanks in advance

I found Cube + extension fine for my 6 - they are not full grown yet (and 2 are bantams) but neither have they had the chance to free range yet (garden not secure yet).

Have increased to Cube + 3 extensions when adding more chooks, but one extension fine for 6 if they are getting to freerange and have fun things (e.g logs, branches, dustbath, things to scratch at) in run.

I have 6 hens who free range most of the day in the summer but less in the winter. They have cube and three extensions. :shock: picures in the photo album if you would like to see it! They do have plenty of room now for when they can't free range.

Edited by Guest