camilla

Silver & gold laced Wyandottes wanted!!!

try ebay....

We got 2, 4 week old gold laced wyandotte chicks from a lady who was selling hatching/fertilised eggs on ebay. We loved them so much we got some silver laced wyandotte hatching eggs and incubated them, unfortunately only one hatched but she (we hope) is adorable. The only risk is they may be cockerels doing it this way.

It's definitely worth searching ebay for someone local to you and see if they have pullets too.

Our Wyandottes are a few sandwiches short of a picnic!! They are probably the stupidest chickens I have ever come across! ha ha

And mine doesn't shout when she lays an egg herself, but always shouts in unison with the others when they lay.

YES!!! My Wyandotte Bantam does exactly this - in fact - I blogged this very fact only this morning!

Hijacking the thread slightly - I was told by my Chook Man that Lacey is a COPPER LACED Wyandotte but I have never come across this name anywhere else - was he as confused as the Wyandottes are?