Cat

Keeping the rabbits and chickens in their respective eglus

Hi we have had a chicken eglu (green eglu) for just over a year now and we recently (last week) got a rablu (blue eglu) for our rabbits who seemed to quite like the chicken eglu. now the only problem is that the rabbits still love going in the chicken eglu and the chickens have adopted the rabbit eglu!!! It woudn't be too bad but the chickens tend to poo in the rablu which isn't very nice for the rabbits. our chooks also still view the chicken eglu as theirs as well, so, when they venture back into their own eglu, they peck the rabbits who are in there and shoudn't be. If you have managed to understand all that :D and have any ideas, please help!!!

They are similar in that they have a prety good idea of where they should live, but they like to be naughty and play tag when I'm trying to catch them. My garden isn't bunny-proof so I only let them out when I can keep an eye on them. They live in their super wooden duplex hutch in the winter (as the water bottle freezes in their Rablu :? ), and they happily hop back to the wooden one after they've been out in the run for the day.