Hellcat

Visiting bunny!!!!!

Rabbits in the garden - good or bad?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Rabbits in the garden - good or bad?

• Good
    • Bad

OK.

We have a little wild rabbit visiting the garden and using it as his own personal all-you-can-eat buffet, starting with the childrens little bit of veg patch and moving on through my roses, strawberries and runner bean plants.

I don't want to kill it, any ideas on a humane trap? the dogs don't deter it, it sits in the middle of the garden and stares at us now if we go out the back door and only moves if we open the gate leading in to the garden.

HELP!!

Won't your doggie chase it away Helen?

Wanna borrow my Airedale Terror? :twisted: Never caught a thing in her life, but boy, the chase is impressive, until the point when she realises she might be gaining on it, then the tail goes between legs and brakes go on!

Ooo Annie you have an Airedale (sorry for going off subject). you do not see many of those.

My best friend had one while growing up and I spent a lot of time with him. My friends Mum would come back from walks without him. He could be a little s** once he got a sniff of something lovely :D She spent many hours chasing him across Clapham Common :lol:

Ooo Annie you have an Airedale (sorry for going off subject). you do not see many of those.

My best friend had one while growing up and I spent a lot of time with him. My friends Mum would come back from walks without him. He could be a little s** once he got a sniff of something lovely :D She spent many hours chasing him across Clapham Common :lol:

:lol::lol: That's why you don't see many of them!

Think Terrier. :twisted: Think LARGEST of the Terriers. Attitude? :twisted:

She's an absolute sweetie. :wink:

I have a lab and a pointer. This bunny sits in the middle of the garden and freezes when they come out. The pointer ran past it, I swear she was 18 inches away and never saw it! Far too busy going over to stare at the chickens! Fat lab can't move fast enough, although she is more likely to chase it. Doesnt seem to have deterred him though!

This morning I went out to get eggs and it was sat in the middle of the chook enclosure, looking at me!

If I don't find a humane trap, Ian has threatened to snare it! :cry:

Why do I get the feeling you are all not really sympathetic? :(:wink:

Its deffo a wild one, the ears are too long for it to be a pet. It has single handedly emptied 3 veg beds of seedlings, not to mention my beautiful rose shoots!

I am looking in to a humane trap, I'd hate to kill it, but hubbie, who nurtured those seedlings like his children (actually, better than his children if the babies black eye is any indication!) is getting a bit peeved.

As for the rablu, when the mark 3 comes out we are going to convert the mark 2. :)

I quite like looking at it, but it is soul destroying. Today it ate my lovely young rocket leaves!

Thanks Phil, I knew someone would have an idea...

The plan is to stick it in the car and drive it a couple of miles to the local sportsfield, which is in the middle of the country, so it should be a happy bunny when it gets over the shock of the all you can eat buffet being withdrawn!