becks

Recipe with banana

If any of you have a breadmaker, particulary a panasonic 253, this is a superb and easy recipe.

I could not believe that something so easy could taste so good.

Rustled one up before work yesterday and took it in. All gone by 10.30am and only 4 were eating it :shock:

You can play around with the ingrediants, use less sugar, part whole wheat flour, add cinnamon or nutmeg, etc. I have also used other over-ripe fruits like pears and it turned out fantastic.

In the breadmaker bucket, put in any order:

2-3 over-ripe bananas

1 cup (or less) sugar

3 tbsp veg oil (I used sunflower)

2 eggs

2 cups self-raising flour

Put on pizza (or dough) cycle for about 5 mins - s"Ooops, word censored!"e down the corners with a spatula about 1/2 way through to make sure everything is mixed.

Put on bake cycle for 55 mins (I use 45 to 50 mins and check with a skewer).

That's it - very yum especially warm with butter.

can you belive it - I went to make the recipe for banana cake the other day and husband had thrown out my ripe bananas! :evil: He has this annoying habit - tidying to him means throwing away as much of my stuff as possible!

How galling! I have a lovely recipe (at home) for banana cake, which has walnuts in it. It makes me laugh, because the recipe says that it needs to be eaten quickly as it doesn't keep - there's not much chance of me even getting it out of the tin in my house! Rosie stands there licking her chops and Phil seems to be able to smell it form his house :roll:

bananas wrapped in bacon then BBQ'd are lovely.. espechially if you drizzle them with honey and add a sprinkling of seaseme seeds!

oh.. and mash the banana. mix with fat free yoghurt, and freeze. makes a lovely lowfat dessert!

or bananas cut in half, dunked in melted chocolate and then frozen to make a chocice sty;e dessert!