Ian47

should I order extra

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the replies so far to my newbie questions. Just another ,probably dumb, question, but would I need to order another feeder with my cube + extension run ( 3m )with five or maybe six chooks in it so as to avoid arguments in the morning as to who gets to the pellets first for breakfast.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks Ian

Thanks guys,

weekends away?

Never thought about that but a good point. A little about me. I'm a 47 yr old electrical engineer that married the best girl in the world 20 yrs ago and have a morgage the size of india and two kids before I found out what was causing it. The youngest is now 14 and we have been talking about a weekend away on our own for some time. An extra feeder now sounds a good idea as we wouldn't then worry about the girls overnight. Just the state of the house when we get back.

We really like this forum.

Ian

I definitely second the suggestion of an extra feeder. You won't believe the amount of food they eat when they start to lay!

Regarding the weekend away, find nice little hotel with a good restaurant & stay in all weekend :wink:

Then it won't matter what the weather is like outside! :D

Have a nice time.

weekends away?............

................The youngest is now 14 and we have been talking about a weekend away on our own for some time.

I have 3 kids, huge mortgage AND a spare grub and glug set for the chickens :) ..... :D

Weekends away are a must.....well, overnight........however, my kids sleepover at Nanny's house, hubbie and I go away Sat morning, stay overnight then back Sunday late......who do I worry about???????? :?: ???????. Not the kids, I worry that the chickens haven't had their free range time, oh dear I am getting very sad. :roll: