blackgold

Fireworks

I'm with you on that one. I've had the TV on since I got home, just so there's some background noise to calm the cat down a bit, he's been really agitated. Unfortunately I'll be out tomorrow night, which is probably the worst one of the week.

I would prefer it if they were only sold to organised displays. They have been going off around here for well over a week, and no doubt it will carry on till the weekend. :evil:

Personally, I think fireworks are a complete waste of money.

They pollute the atmosphere, scare domestic animals and wildlife and cause stress and injuries to horses as well as the human population

I would ban them completely. :shock:

I am lucky in that my dogs and horses couldn't care less about the noise or sudden flashes of light.

I have always made a point of taking my dogs outside when there have been fireworks and played with them and given them treats so they associate the noise with fun and food.

I'm quite fun really but I just don't see the point of noisy fireworks.

My old dog Sally absolutely hated fireworks. She came to us already with the fear but it wasn't helped that I had taken her to the local shops one day and some idiot let one off during the day and fairly close to us. She hated going anywhere near the shops after that and wouldn't go right out of our house. I either had to drag her or go left and go round the block. In the end we had to get tablets from the vets but often they seemed to make her worse, she would shake, dribble, her eyes would roll and she would try to squeeze into the smallest space she could find. It was so upsetting to watch.

Cookie doesn't seem bothered by them. We were in the garden last weekend when some went off in a neighbour's garden. The breeder used to play a cd to the puppies with lots of different noises on it. I'm not sure if this is what has helped or whether its just because she is a different temprement.

I would love to see them banned. I do enjoy big displays but even then the noise is so excessive.