JacobH

Looking for an affordable way to export an Eglu

Hello All,

I would love to have an Eglu but "unfortunately" I live in the Netherlands

and we do not have a local supplier for the Eglu.

I have contacted Omlet and they can ship one but the shipping cost are

110 pounds. So now I'm looking fora bit more affordable way to ship an eglu to the Netherlands.

If anybody knows a way or transporter I would be glad to hear something

from you.

Or perhaps if someone goes on holiday to the Netherlands

and could bring one :D

Best regards,

Jacob

I'm not usre an eglu could go as luggage on an aeroplane. What size is it when it's packed up? How heavy is it? Do you know if an airline would take it?

OH occasionally travels to Amsterdam on British Airways and we would be pleased to help if it's possible.

I would think thjat you coudl freight it over there for less than that. The box it comes in is big, but light. Unfortunately freight is usually calculated in dimensional weight, which would work out heavier as they work out the weight using the measurements of the box, so things that are large but light often cost more to send.

Hello All,

I would love to have an Eglu but "unfortunately" I live in the Netherlands

and we do not have a local supplier for the Eglu.

I have contacted Omlet and they can ship one but the shipping cost are

110 pounds. So now I'm looking fora bit more affordable way to ship an eglu to the Netherlands.

If anybody knows a way or transporter I would be glad to hear something

from you.

Or perhaps if someone goes on holiday to the Netherlands

and could bring one :D

Best regards,

Jacob

Beste Jacob, 8)

We had to laugh that people are saying the 2 boxes aren't heavy. They certainly ain't light! Not only that, the dimensions of the boxes are big too. We just managed to fit the 1 box with the eglu in it, in the back of our tiny Peugot 106, and my neighbour had to take the box with run in it in the back of his Mondeo estate! :shock: Try taking those 2 on Easyjet, and then we can start a forum discussion on daylight robbery for Eglu deliveries..! I'd sooner take Omlet up on their offer. 110 notes you say? It sounds a darn sight cheaper than the excees baggage that you'll be charged for, and you can rest assured they'll try to get it to you on time & in the best possible condition. No lugging the boxes off the baggage carousel at Schiphol! :wink:

Epse eh? The far side of Apeldoorn, right? That's a trek from where we live. If you can agree to pick it up from Naaldwijk, then Rachel can ask to have it shipped via her employer, the same way we got ours home. Let us know what you think. :D

Groetjes,

Derren & Rachel

Jacob,

£110 does sound an awful lot for delivery, however I can't help feeling that it may just work out to be the cheapest and most convenient option.

But, if you have a big car or van there's always the option of driving over here to collect it. It is possible to get cheap ferry or chunnel crossings especially if you're willing to travel early or late, and ideally wait until September when the peak holiday time is over and they've got spaces that they want to fill. Certainly a lot of our newspapers offer cheap day returns on the ferries come the Autumn, usually £10-£20 for a car and passengers, although that's usually on the Dover- Calais route. Maybe you get similar offers :?

My geography of The Netherlands is very hazy, so I don't know how close you are to the ports, and of course with the current cost of petrol too much driving would just add to the costs.

I live in North Kent, just off the A2 and approx 1 hour away from Dover. I'm also in the Omlet free delivery area. So if you wanted to explore this option I'd be happy to have it delivered here, then you could come to me and collect it. I'd be a considerably shorter drive for you than travelling up to Omlet HQ in Banbury.

I have no idea how big the packaging is, but once unpacked you can get an eglu into a good sized car. We've had ours in a Citroen Picasso with the back seats down, although it was a bit of a squeeze.

Good luck with it, whatever you decide.

Hello All,

Thanks for thinking with me. When I look at the pictures in the photo album here I've seen that the boxes are indeed large. So I doubt if a plane will work.

To pick it up is an option. But probably when you compare it with the shippingscost of Omlet it shall not be that cheaper I expect.

I will try to contact Derren & Rachel and see how they did it.

Best regards,

Jacob and thanks again :D

To pick it up is an option. But probably when you compare it with the shippingscost of Omlet it shall not be that cheaper I expect.

Hello again JacobH,

If you can organise transport, Rachel will arrange for you delivery to Holland via her boss in England. :wink:

I checked Google Earth and it's about 163Km (1hour 51mins) From Epse to Naaldwijk. I don't think it will cost you alot for petrol, certainly not 110 pound! Remeber to bring a big car or delivery van with you, 'cause those boxes won't fit on your bicycle...! :lol:

Greets,

Derren & Rachel

Wow,

That would be wonderfull. Pickup from Naaldwijk is not a problem we drive a Skoda Octavia estate so it must fit....I think... :-)

Jacob

Since you're collecting it from a fellow Omleteer, you could always unpack it if the box is too big. We got a secondhand (and thus unboxed) eglu and run into the back of a Nissan Primera (with the back seat down) - the curved run sections had to be placed over the top of the eglu and it was a bit of a squeeze, but we did it :)

At least you (probably) won't then be taking a detour on the way home to buy chickens - I had to have the two of them in a cat carrier on my lap in the front seat :oops::lol:

Wow,

That would be wonderfull. Pickup from Naaldwijk is not a problem we drive a Skoda Octavia estate so it must fit....I think... :-)

Can I send you an email? or can we contact by phone?

Jacob

You can email or PM us if you like to make the arrangements. :)

Oh and btw, we just managed to fit the larger of the 2 boxes in a Mondeo station wagon, so I'd bring a roof-rack if I were you..! :wink:

Groetjes,

Derren & Rachel