kitchens

New Westie in the Family

I (for my sins) have agreed to look after my brother's westie pup, Freddie (13 weeks old) during the day while he is at work. We already have a cairn terrier, Angus who is 6.

Can anyone shed any light on why the pup goes mad during the early evening period? He's fine during the morning and afternoon, but goes into puppy mode when I'm trying to get the dinner ready!! I don't mind at all - a puppy will be a puppy - buy why that time of day. Our Cairn did the same, but I never did work out why!! :wall:

Ozzie (Oswald, as I call him when naughty) my mums chihuahua puppy does the same. He gets fed at around 5.30pm, so whether it's that I don't know. He drags his toys out, pulls tissues out of pockets, steals the cordless phone, runs around wanting to play with the other older dogs. :roll: Then he literally flops! He is so gorgeous!

Emma.x

The dog I'm fostering does this too! She's about a year old and i don't know why particularly the evenings are 'fun time' when she's been on long walks and had loads of play earlier in the day. But every evening the same. Suddenly gets up from our laps, grabs various toys and wants to play. An evening walk doesn't seem to 'snap her out of it' either. Crazy lady. She's so funny when she finally catches her tail though.

Zara was the same, good as gold all day, but for about an hour at about 7:30pm she would go MAD. She would tear around the house, destroying everything in her path :shock:. It would cause so much tension knowing what was going to hit us! Luckily she stopped doing it at about 4 months old. I think this was because she was able to go for walks so could burn off her energy.

I'm sure he'll grow out of it, it's probably just one of the phases they go through.