Aggienator

Patience is a virtue

Or so my granny used to say. But my eglu should arrive tomorrow, and my wise wife says that as we are away for the following two weekends we should wait til March to get chooks. Do you think she is right? Would they feel lonely while we were away for 3 nights if we stocked up their glug and grub? We are planning on getting 2 POL hybrids.

I'm itching to have the chooks!

I would agree - with the water likely to freeze and having to leave the door open when they are young it would be an issue - I would never leave mine more than 1 night anyway without somebody checking on them and certainly not even that in this weather.

Tracy

Congratulations on the eglu :clap: . Patience isn't something you often see on this forum (I don't have much, certainly :oops: ) but I think the others are right :( . If you don't have someone to see to them over 3 nights, you'd best wait.

Look on the bright side :D . If you did get your girls now, then you wouldn't enjoy your weekends away for worrying about them and missing them :wink: .