pencilbeckett Posted February 15, 2009 Share Posted February 15, 2009 Hi All I really really want some lavender pekin bantams and have one lonely exbatt following a fox attack. Would i be making trouble getting some or could it work? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
abwsco Posted February 15, 2009 Share Posted February 15, 2009 I'd go for it I'm sure your exbatt will be happier with some companions. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 15, 2009 Share Posted February 15, 2009 I may be wrong but think I've read that introducing a bigger number to a smaller number (ie one!) is easier as the newbies have the advantage straight off. I could be talking nonsense . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SLK69 Posted February 15, 2009 Share Posted February 15, 2009 Hi, What about trying to get 2 lavendar pekin bantams that don't know each other either - then you would have 3 strangers. I always find my ex-batts come out on top of any introductions. Susie and as of tomorrow a shiny . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
moomin Posted February 15, 2009 Share Posted February 15, 2009 From what I've read Pekins can stand up for themselves with the big girls as they are quite fiesty. 'Pat Butcher with feathers' someone on here calls them (think it's Claret). I would say go for it but have seperate accom for them if you can in case it doesn't go too well. I'm getting three pekins week after next, eventually to go in with my 2 big girls, very excited Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
One_Box Posted February 15, 2009 Share Posted February 15, 2009 OH has bantams and occasionally they free range with my girls who are very placid and let Aggie rule the collective roost, they don't however share chicken houses. I wouldn't allow the bantams near Nora/Dora though as they are in a completely different league ("well hard" I think the expression is ). Does anyone have bantams/full size living together Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...