Chooks Aloud

Thought chooks like slugs & snails!!!!!!

I'm picking loads of caterpillars off my broccili at the moment and trying to feed them to my young cockerals. The stand there looking puzzled at them as they make their escape. My grown up bantams will only eat them if I marinate them in bio-yoghurt for them so they can't see them properly. Yet they would all peck me to death for a worm :roll: !

brassicas are awfully good for the chooks tho jools.....we're growing some just for them.

suspended from the top of the run (ours won't eat them from the floor) cabbages etc make good excercise, entertainment and make beautifully dark yellow eggyolks.

our chooks love slugs, so much so that we're hard pushed to find any for them in our garden now! 'luckily' there are still plenty at the allotment :roll:

they aren't keen on snails tho, unless my endlessly doting (on the chooks, at least) husband winkles them out of their shells first!

bleurghhhh! :P

brassicas are awfully good for the chooks tho jools.....we're growing some just for them.

suspended from the top of the run (ours won't eat them from the floor) cabbages etc make good excercise, entertainment and make beautifully dark yellow eggyolks.

our chooks love slugs, so much so that we're hard pushed to find any for them in our garden now! 'luckily' there are still plenty at the allotment :roll:

they aren't keen on snails tho, unless my endlessly doting (on the chooks, at least) husband winkles them out of their shells first!

bleurghhhh! :P

My two love love love slugs and caterpillers, but won't even attempt brocolli :?