Martin B

Rainy Day

Today has been a very miserable one. Rain, thunder and lightning. However I have noticed that when it's been a bad day I normally get 2 eggs, when it's been a nice, hot day there are NO eggs. Do they know when we need cheering up? Or do they just not like getting wet, so lay an egg instead? :?

indeed it is rainy - it has turned my carefully fermented earth/bark/poo run-base into a quagmire...

might even have to change the bark... I haven't had to do that since the spring...) :anxious:

Phil

Today has been a very miserable one. Rain, thunder and lightning. However I have noticed that when it's been a bad day I normally get 2 eggs, when it's been a nice, hot day there are NO eggs. Do they know when we need cheering up? Or do they just not like getting wet, so lay an egg instead? :?

My girls the opposite. Don't think they like the miserable, rainy days at all - a bit like me! Ella's production dropped to 3-4 a week and cleo also taking the odd day off recently. Today cleo produced a small egg when all through the hot summer she was laying non-stop and big eggs. Ella's egg today was very pale and pointy. :? Think they are just maybe winding down for winter. Be good to give Cleo a well deserved rest though.