DucktorWho

Green Poo

She not looking good at all today - standing under a tree mostly with her tail so far down she is spherical and occasionally making a noise a little like a high pitched purr, but very quiet.

She now won't eat her normal food, yoghurty porridge, raisins or sunflower seeds, but she did eat a little plain porridge and water, a grape, and a little tuna cat food today. She is most definitely vet bound tomorrow.

We went to the vets yesterday and she was Very Good, bless her. The vet said it looked like a severe gastroenteritis or maybe salmonella (don't they get vaccinated against that when they are little? I thought they did but I wasn't 100% sure). With her not eating very much it was getting difficult to get the Flubenvet into her so he gave her a shot of wormer and a shot of antibiotic, with a course of antibiotics to follow up. He said she was quite thin so he weighed her as well and said to keep our fingers crossed. If she was ok by next week she was to go back for another worming shot.

She had little bits of porridge and cat food when she got home but then she started to look perkier and I gave her some toast and she want mad for it :D There was even some jumping and running.

This morning she came out of the eglu like a bullet and straight to her normal chicken food so it is looking very good indeed! (Although I don't fancy my chances of getting her into the travelling box to go for her second shot if she's feeling better lol!)