madcatlady

ANY ADVICE

Hi Everyone,

Have just ordered my eglu any chickens to arrive early November and cant wait!! Am getting them primarily to entertain the cats in my cattery (Ha Ha who am I trying to fool!! Have be desperate to get my own chickens for several years) - although it will be very funny watching the cats trying to figure out what giant birds are doing watching them when the cats are in cages and the chickens are free!!

Anyway cant wait - so any advice from you seasoned chicken lovers to the newbee

thanks Fiona :D

(blue eglu) nearly here

GNRGNR GNR cat entertainers

:D:D:D:D

Hi Fiona and welcome to the forum. You know, you may have my dream life - chickens and lots of cats!

If you have any questions, ask away - we can usually find the answer out between us!

Feel free to have a peek at the 'Welcome' section. There is a thread there, with a questionnare to fill in - helps us to get to know you (it's absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we're all nosey old so-and-so's!), and pop by the Nesting Box and join in the fun!

Hi there...I tell you something. Theres nothing like the excitment you get when you first see your chickens.

I remember first seeing mine. Got back from college and my grandperants took me down the garden to do some "apple picking" and there they were. Such a nice feeling. i was soo excited. :)

:D:D:D:D

And there is nothing quite as funny as the first time your cat thinks to itself 'aaaaaaah, a feathered thing......and it's scratching around - that would be a nice 'before dinner' snack', and it creeps up to the chook, and gets a swift peck on the nose, and a feather bashing for it's trouble!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have 3 chickens and 6 cats - 4 of the cats roam round the garden (none of them go very far these days!). Yesterday, Simba found himself in the chickens part of the garden by accident - he sat and mewed with that "help me get out of here mum before the big birdies get me" look on his face until I went in to rescue him. Wouldnt walk past them to the open fence, had to picked up and carried!! He obviously knows he's at the bottom of the pecking order where the girls are concerned!! :)

Hi Everyone,

Have just ordered my eglu any chickens to arrive early November and cant wait!! Am getting them primarily to entertain the cats in my cattery (Ha Ha who am I trying to fool!! Have be desperate to get my own chickens for several years) - although it will be very funny watching the cats trying to figure out what giant birds are doing watching them when the cats are in cages and the chickens are free!!

Anyway cant wait - so any advice from you seasoned chicken lovers to the newbee

thanks Fiona :D

(blue eglu) nearly here

GNRGNR GNR cat entertainers

Oooooooo do you drive a 4x4 with an advert on the spare wheel for your cattery? Forgot my manners :oops::roll: Welcome to the forum :dance:

Oh my

Spotted out in public!!! Yes that is me hope I wasn't doing anything illegal. Where abouts are you? I am off on hols for a couple of weeks soon so if you see the car out again my friend Shirley will be driving be sure to wave it will drive her nuts!!!!

Hope to maybe meet up

Fiona

(blue eglu) still not here yet GNRGNR the cat entertainers