Guest revnev

Barry Norman's corner

I know I'm a bit behind the time, but we all sat down to watch the film "Millions" the other day.

It's about brothers who find a million quid - and their reactions to it. One of them is obsessed with the Saints - who appear and follow him around offering advice - the other has other ideas!!

It's a bit quirky - but it's fantastically thought-provoking, very entertaining (whole family enjoyed it) and well filmed..

so if you're at a loose end over half-term - get yourself down to Blockbusters - it's Phil's recommendation of the month!

Phil

One of them is obsessed with the Saints - who appear and follow him around offering advice - the other has other ideas!!

Phil

The Saints? The Aussie "punk" band from the late 70s/early 80s? They were great. I've got a double cd with all their classic tracks. Sounds like a film to see. Do they play any of their tracks?

Richard T

only at the end, and then they're joined by St Helen's Rugby League team (fresh from celebrating their historic Treble-win!)

Phil

or, as Count Basie might say... (in fact he does on a recording I have)

"Here comes brother Higginbottom down the aisle with his Traaaambone! Blow it brother!"

I would sell buy a really nice house here - nothing mega expensive,just with more space & more land.

Also I would buy a place overseas - probably on a Greek Island or The Algarve.

I would get myself an AudiTT or a Range Rover Sport (in pink) ,& Brian an Aston Martin

The rest (if there was any left) would be put away to get the girls through uni & to set them up later with houses :P

Silly statement really, but a Million wouldn't go very far :?

I could do a LOT more with say 5 Mill 8)

no - richard, sorry to disappoint you..

it's The Saints as in Southampton Football Club... :roll:

8)

Phil

Just ignore Phil . . . :wink: He clearly doesn't know what he is talking about . . . or is just out to misinform you!

It's very interesting reading all your plans for spending a million. I wonder if they might change after seeing the film? :?