Alfred

Evil chicken!

One of my chickens ate a blutit fledgling today - she pounced on it as it was fluttering about, ran round the garden carrying it with the others in hot pursuit, and eventually swallowed it whole, feathers and all! I felt quite disgusted....

We have a family of frogs that live in a stone wall we have in our garden. We don't see them very often but if ever ome pops out to have a hop about the girls have got to go straight back in the run! They caught one once and were like savages but luckily husband rescued it and it survived. One got into the run one afternoon whilst the girls were free ranging, when they went to bed they couldn't see it as their eyesight is so poor when the light fades but i couldn't get the blasted thing out!! Oh had to pick it up in the end!!!

It is just their natural instinct but agree it is very sad and not nice to witness!!!

One of mine ate a baby blackbirds head (left by a cat) last week and the chickens also caught, killed and ate two mice :( I know it's natural but they are gross at times :(

oh my goodness that is disgusting poor wee fledging i am thinking chickens are savage beasts and not as docile as first advertised :?

Pleased it's not just ours then!

They've had a mouse off the cats (still alive) and killed that, and a frog, and tried to finish off anything the cats have left in the garden (before i've disposed of it) Oh and not forgetting tadpoles out of the pond!

A friend of mine used to have a really bad bird phobia (from when she was very little) and thought she'd cured it by keeping Bantams (which are very cuddly and lovely) When I told her about my girls she freaked out and won't even look at them!!! :lol:

Shouldn't laugh though!

She told me she'd never heard of Chickens behaving like that, but mine are definately evil too!! :twisted: