gooner.girl

Football Chat

Hleb should have scored. Looks like you've lost the title now chelsea!

hopefully man'ure should surely lose points SOMEWHERE :shock::pray:

if we keep right behind, I still think we could nick it at some point. :pray:

its always hard playing catch up with games in hand...the pressure is always on the team behind to win then

I admit Chelesa had the better chances but Cole fouled Hleb in the lead up to Essiens goal and we should have had a free kick. How you didn't score at the end though i don't know! Laughed myself silly at lehmann and Drogba's handbags. Shame Cashley didn't get sent off though...

our sky tv went wrong in the middle of the lehman-drogba saga :roll:

we had to switch to radio then!...and then back to tv !

it was on the edge of your seat stuff in the end....phew :D

getting this strictly back on topic...

"Have a fun afternoon, Martin??" :wink:

Early Christmas present from Petrov - pushed Anelka over - penalty - up steps speeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedo.. game over!

such a result could also be described as "smash and grab" or "daylight robbery" :D

still - you DO have to actually put the ball in the back of the net - and Jussi played a blinder..

so... that's "Ooops, word censored!"nal and Villa crushed by the mighty Bolton steamroller.. who's next?

(leaving aside Chelsea for a moment!!)

Phil - now definately feeling christmassy!!!

Just got back from Ashburton Grove (can't bring myself to call it the 'e' word.) First half very dull, "Ooops, word censored!"nal started off brightly and then were poor, pompey weren't much better. 2 good goals from Pompey and Wenger finally saw sense and bought Adebayor on (never thought i'd say that!) he made an immediate impact, i love the way he always chases the ball down when its with the goalie, one day that will pay off!

A draw is always better when you come back from losing to gain a point rather then throw away a lead so i don't feel to peed off about drawing though annoying to lose the points.

Oh dear Martin, beaten by Bolton! How gutting! Did they hack Villa off the pitch as well???

Dirty northern .....

scum?

It was daylight robbery, Mark Cattenblurd was a pile of _____________. He was so unclear, all the villa fans thought we had a penalty when he blew his whistle pointed towards the goal with Hunt and Agbonlahor on the ground. Then he gave drop ball and we lost possesion that we had in the box. ________. Bolton are a dirty team and Pedersen was made to look like a _____________ by Agbonlahor and Meite should have been sent off. __________. Jaaskelainen wasn't that good but it was a good save the Cahill one, the only thing Kiraly had to do was pick the ball out of the net. The better team lost on the day, but we'll be back.

Got some good autographs today: Agbonlahor (and one of his gloves), Idan Tal, Ricardo Vaz Te, Gavin McCann, Ivan Campo (again!), Andranik, Meite, Isiah Osbourne and Juan Pablo Angel!

300 fans???? Thats pathetic! Well i supose it can't be much fun watching their team dive and foul their way through the premiership.... Now if you're watching a team that plays as sublime football as "Ooops, word censored!"nal (or even Villa).... Thats a different story.

The Portsmouth fans were nicely shut up by 55,000 "Ooops, word censored!"nal fans today after we came back from 2-0 down!

Blimey!! :shock:

see above four posts if you want a definition of "sour grapes" :lol:

I can understand it from an "Ooops, word censored!"nal fan - they have a manager who really doesn't know how to lose with grace...

but an aston villa fan! - they (like Bolton) have had plenty of practice!!

today.. Villa were the best team - agreed! - but let's not kid ourselves they were actually much good! what was it - three shots on target? (if you can bear to watch MOTD - you'll see there was never a case for a villa penalty - that's clutching at straws...)

as for the "Ooops, word censored!"nal game... the match stats show more fouls awarded to us than against us... but Mr Wenger did not see any of them, I guess... he's blind in one eye, I believe :wink:

Phil ("scum" and a word beginning with "b" :shock::wink: )

Phil ("scum" and a word beginning with "b" Shocked Wink )

Not you Phil, the players! :D And not just Bolton, Northern teams in general! - its a delightful chant we have down south!

Yes its sour grapes! I'm fed up with "Ooops, word censored!"nal losing to teams they are 'technically' better then - such as most of the ones in our league. We seem to have little problem holding our own against the big guns but when it comes to mid table teams we always drop points and its frustrating. So yes, sour grapes! I'm not ashamed to admit it! Besides its fun winding you up Phil! :wink:

Phil ("scum" and a word beginning with "b" Shocked Wink )

Not you Phil, the players! :D And not just Bolton, Northern teams in general! - its a delightful chant we have down south!

Yes its sour grapes! I'm fed up with "Ooops, word censored!"nal losing to teams they are 'technically' better then - such as most of the ones in our league. We seem to have little problem holding our own against the big guns but when it comes to mid table teams we always drop points and its frustrating. So yes, sour grapes! I'm not ashamed to admit it! Besides its fun winding you up Phil! :wink:

indeed - football banter is one of my favourite sports!! (and you're quite a good sport - if a little "Ooops, word censored!"nal-blind!! 8) )

I see Mr Wenger got banished to the back pew again today - apparently he thought the free kick that led to the first Pompey goal was not a free kick... (but he missed the blatant foul by Van Persie that led to the "Ooops, word censored!"nal equaliser against Chelsea... :wink: ) Mmmm.....

Now then - let me recall some of our favourite Northern chants against Southern Softie teams...

Mmm.. unprintable... unprintable... physically impossible... unprintable...

ah - well, maybe in another place!

(and - Martin - just watched MOTD to refresh my memory - outrageous dives by both Angel and Sutton in the last 10 mins! Sutton threw himself to the floor just inside the box with no Bolton player anywhere near him! Pity the TV cameras were watching, eh? - Cheating Midland _________s :wink: )

I restate my view that Jussi played a blinder - you must see that now?

(fill in blank to your own taste!)

cheer up - at least you're not Brum or the Baggies! - and I see Kiraly (Sp?) is wearing his pajamas again - if he'd just stood up straight - he'd have saved Speedo's penalty - else it might have knocked him through the back of the net!

Phil 8)

phew !!!

what a day for footy.

Chelsea - what a fantastic result and an amazing goal by drogba!

West ham - well done :clap: SOMEONE had to beat man'ure and wipe the smirk off fergie's face, thats a big confidence loss for man'ure now.

2 points off the top - we playing wigan the weekend and man'ure have aston villa away which wont be easy ...

COME ON YOU BLUES :dance:

and the mighty whites gave the manc pretenders a spank..

Citeh, eh? hahahahha!!!

Merry Christmas from Nic Anelka!!

Phil (The One and Only Wanderers)